Calton & Associates, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Accounting Associate to join our team in Tampa, FL.
Calton & Associates, Inc. Overview
Calton & Associates is a one of the nation’s long-standing independent broker/dealers, and is also a registered investment adviser. Founded in 1987, Calton & Associates has built a solid foundation for supporting independent representatives and financial professionals and the growth of their business. Through a comprehensive range of financial products and services, Calton & Associates helps advisors pursue the appropriate financial solutions to support their clients’ needs. With over 100 offices nationwide Calton & Associates is a family friendly broker/dealer for quality advisors who want independence along with support to grow their business.
This position involves various accounting responsibilities including commission processing, accounts payable, bank reconciliations, as well as other accounting tasks that arise.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Post financial advisor commissions and fees to commission system.
- Respond to financial advisor commission inquires.
- Process invoices, payment requests and other accounts payable items.
- Reconcile various bank and other financial accounts.
- Enter post-closing accounting entries
- Create and maintain accounting reports for executive management.
- Maintain, scan and/or file supporting documentation.
- Assisting with financial and regulatory audit requests.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s degree (A.A.) or college-level accounting coursework preferred.
- One to two years previous commissions, accounts payable or general accounting experience.
- Securities broker-dealer experience preferred, but not required.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential matters.
- Above average computer skills.
- Strong attention to detail.