Information Technology (IT) Specialist
Position Title: Information Technology (IT) Specialist
Employee Type: Full-time, Salaried
Location: Tampa, FL
Calton & Associates is one of the nation’s long standing broker-dealers, RIA and insurance agencies servicing independent financial advisors. Founded in 1987, Calton & Associates has built a solid foundation for supporting independent financial advisors and the growth of their business. Through a comprehensive range of financial products and services, Calton & Associates helps advisors pursue the appropriate financial solutions to support a clients’ needs. With over 350 advisors and 100 offices nationwide Calton & Associates is a family friendly broker-dealer for quality advisors who want independence along with support to grow their business.
The IT Specialist is responsible for supporting all aspects of the information technology needs of Calton & Associates under the direction of the Chief Financial/Information Officer.
- Provision/Deprovision employees and independent contractors in multiple systems and software applications.
- Provide end user support and problem resolution both in-person and over the phone for desktop computers, laptops, printers and other peripheral hardware and software applications.
- Perform networking and server maintenance.
- Handle telecom moves, adds, changes and deletes and coordinate trouble tickets with telecom provider.
- Handle systems administration tasks including server and workstation patching and upgrades, system backup and disaster recovery monitoring, as well as user account and security administration.
- Assist with firm cybersecurity processes and procedures.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field.
- At least 2-3 years general information technology experience in a corporate setting, preferably in a financial services company.
- Experience with Windows 2012 and higher server administration including Active Directory, Group Policy, and printer and file sharing.
- Experience troubleshooting networking technologies DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VoIP.
- Experience administering file transfer technologies such as SFTP.