Position Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Tampa, FL
Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Responsible for the production of monthly financial statements, including the
preparation and posting of journal entries, analysis and reconciliation of general
ledger accounts and other accounting operations necessary to produce accurate
and timely financial reports. Also participates in the commissions and payroll
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares
balance sheet and profit and loss statements, and other reports.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries,
documents, and reports.
- Performs bank reconciliations and other account reconciliations.
- Assist with financial and regulatory audits
- Prepare or assist with regulatory and/or tax filings
- Supports/backs up the commissions and payroll functions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Strong GAAP knowledge with experience in month-end close through financial
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications, and advanced knowledge of Excel required.
- Must have excellent analytical abilities and problem solving skills.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills (oral and written), including the
ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential matters.
- Securities broker-dealer or registered investment adviser experience preferred, but not